A delicious party food that takes very little effort.
- 2 cups olive variety (non-stuffed) -
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil -
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red bell pepper -
- 4 whole cloves fresh garlic -
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional) -
Rinse brine from olives and place in medium sauce pan. Add olive oil until olives are almost covered, about a half-inch from top of olives. Add bell pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes, bring to a low heat. Oil should not boil or simmer rapidly. It is infusing the garlic and peppers into the olives. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes and remove from heat. Serve warm with ciabatta bread cubes or other hard crusty bread. Leftovers will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator. Simply warm up prior to serving.
*Pitted olives are fine, but nothing stuffed with cheese or other items. It will muddy the oil.